Ultimate Private DMZ Spy Tour, including JSA
Exclusive and Unique Hotel to Hotel Private DMZ + JSA Tour, along the trail of North Korean Spy Commando Infiltration Maneuver
Overview of the Tour
DMZ(Demilitarized Zone) and JSA are very popular tourist destination for many foreign tourists visiting Korea for its uniqueness and unusualness and, as such, we are happy to invite you to our more intriguing, comfortable and DMZ-expert guided Private DMZ+JSA Tour Program, which goes as far as JSA.
Take this full-day private-guide escorted excursion from the doorstep of your hotel in Seoul up to DMZ, a border that divides North and South Korea, following the trail of the unforgettable 1968 North Korean spy commando invasion.
This is an only and unique DMZ tour in Korea in terms of high degree of varieties in number of visiting, stopping and story-telling as well as comforts in travelling and riding in an exclusive private vehicle, compared to a typical mass-tour in a big group running along the motorway toward JSA or the 3 rdTunnel.
A knowledgeable and entertaining guide starts to escort you along the infiltration route of 31 North Korean commandos, who crept across the world‟s most heavily-fortified border and invaded all the way down to the backyard of Blue House, Korean presidential residence – to assassinate then S Korean president.
You travel toward DMZ, en route, visiting Imjingak Peace Park and spotting various evidences of their military infiltration maneuver to finally reach the destination point within DMZ, where they first crashed down the fortified S Korean iron defense fence.
Then, you go inside S Korean DMZ military camp and witness DMZ field itself two steps away from you and further walk up along the barbed wire DMZ fence line together with S Korean DMZ soldiers as if you are also patrolling the DMZ. You also encounter N Korea DMZ military counterpart post in the short distance from here. We trust this would be a very real and eye-opening experience and highlight of the day. Entry is on the invitation basis and we are pleased to invite you here on behalf of S Korean government authority.
Then, transfer to a DMZ bus to enter the JSA to experience more on the scene the continuing conflicts of two Koreas. Joint Security Area(JSA) or Panmunjom, a former „truce village‟ that is now used for diplomatic and political dialogues between North and South Korea.
On the way back, you look across river border a North Korea propaganda village from N Korea-closest observation post.
We are running this tour with the dedicated efforts of our professional guides who served for Korean and US army in the DMZ area. So they are so knowledgeable and informative not only on DMZ but also on Korean War and beyond. You could also touch upon the past and future of this divided country in terms of politics, history and reunification with them.
This tour has been highly appreciated by our clients and also awarded by Seoul Metropolitan City and the state-run Korean Tour Organization (KTO). Please spare a few minutes to read the reviews left by our clients on TripAdvisor and Viator. (Please type “DMZ SPY”)
By stepping and walking on real barbed wire DMZ line and also visiting JSA, you will grab all about DMZ in one-go and then feel more than enough to understand the situation of the divided Korea as well as the tension between two Koreas in more real term.
- Full day private-guide escorted DMZ and JSA tour along the infiltration route of N Korean spy commandos
- Visit the site near Blue House where first gun battle took place between NK Commando and Korean counterparts
- Experience Imjingak Peace Park
- Go inside DMZ S Korean military camp to witness DMZ itself underneath your feet and walk up along the barbed DMZ fence and witness the historical site of 31 North Korean spy commandos‟ stealth infiltration. Also watch N Korean DMZ military post in the short distance
- Enjoy a lunch of barbecued duck, a N Korean specialty (upon request, vegetarian meal to be arranged)
- Stop at S Korean artillery base to see the wartime weaponries
- Visit Korean War sites and Memorial
- Visit JSA and see Freedom House, Bridge of No Return
- Stop at N Korea-closest Observatory Post to look North Korean farming village
- Travel over about 200 km round-trip journey to and from Seoul in a comfortable private vehicle, listening to the history of divided Korea, war and conflicts from an informative guide
- Pick-up from the doorstep of your hotel in Seoul
- Near Blue House in downtown Seoul where first gun battle took place with NK spy commandos
- Imjingak Peace Park (military bunker, first battle field in Korean war)
- DMZ S Korean Army Camp
4-1. North Korea Spy Commandos‟ Infiltration Site
4-2. Walk along DMZ barbed wire fence
4-3. Military Observation Post
4-4. US Army Firing Range
4-5. Land Mine Field
- Lunch at a border-near restaurant of North Korean-Style Duck Barbeque, or vegetarian meal
- S Korean Army Artillery base
- Transfer to a DMZ bus to enter the JSA
- Odusan Observation Post to watch North Korea Civilian Village
- Drop-off back to the doorstep of your hotel in Seoul
What You Can Expect
In the morning, grab your passport and get in a comfortable private vehicle that takes you to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) that has separated North and South Korea since the Korean War. Visit the site, where N Korean spy commandos were first discovered and fought with Korean and US combined Special Forces.
This site is just 1 km away from the Blue House, S Korean Presidential residence and so it was a real threat to the President himself and also the security of S Korea as a nation at that time.
En route, your expert guide offers you stories and explanations about this unprecedented assassination attempt and also the continuing conflicts and tensions between two Koreas. He will answer the questions you may have.
After a stop at Imjingak Peace Park to hand on war artifacts, artillery, military bunker and first battle field and then head to S Korean artillery base for a glimpse of the wartime weaponries. Observe an authentic M109 Howitzer and the likes and discover how infantry soldiers move the self-propelled armored vehicle each hour.
Next, your guide takes you inside the DMZ S Korean military camp, where 31 North Korean spy commandos destroyed and infiltrated the fortified border fence in 1968. Then, you confront DMZ field unfolding in front of you and make a short patrolling walk along the real barbed wire DMZ fence line together with S Korean soldiers up to the military watch-out post, during which time you smell and touch real DMZ just a step away. You also watch N Korean DMZ forefront military position in close proximity.
It then comes around to feel hungry and so you will be invited to a border-neighbored restaurant, which cooks and serves well a North Korean–style lunch of barbecued duck (vegetarian meals to be arranged upon request).
After lunch, you visit JSA to experience firsthand the evidence of the conflict of divided Korea. Here, enjoy a slide-show of historical facts about the JSA and then visit the Freedom House, a facility that functions as a liaison between North and South Korea, and finally the Bridge of No Return, first used for POW exchanges in 1953.
Then take a short trek to Odusan observation point, where you can see a North Korean village just across the river border, while your guide explains the state ofN Korean famers‟ life.
- Entrance fees for all visiting places
- Lunch (BBQ Duck or equivalent)
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Round-trip surface transportation
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified otherwise
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved – Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Please send a passport copy to us at least 48 hours prior to your travel date
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Sports clothes (including tracksuits), military clothing, oversized clothing, sheer clothing, sleeveless shirts/tops, tank tops, and flip flops and similar sandals are specifically banned
- The UN requires (for JSA entry) copies of all passengers‟ passports at least 7 days before the travel day. Please send a copy of your passport to the local tour operator upon making the booking
- Your reservation will be canceled automatically if your passport copy is not received on time
- Please do not consume alcoholic beverages before the tour
- Please follow the instructions of your tour guide on when and where to take photos
- If a part of tour itinerary is canceled by unexpected military conditions at Panmunjom, there will be no refund
- Please be sure to reconfirm you reservation on the day before the tour as there can be schedule adjustments made due to the sudden scheduling of meetings, military training or VIP visits
- Please check the restricted countries for this tour: Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, South Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, Syria